Bleach is a popular disinfectant and commonly used in hospitals, homes, and commercial settings. It shares the same chlorine family as HOCl that can kill bacteria, viruses, fungus, and other pathogens. But bleach is a harsh chemical that can irritate eyes, skin, and even lungs when inhaled over extended periods of time. BLEACH HAS EVEN BEEN BANNED FROM USE IN HOSPITALS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM AND IRELAND. HypoCleanse hypochlorous acid products contain no harsh chemical and produce no dangerous fumes. It isn’t irritating to your skin and is safe for use almost anywhere.